11.06.2014

Remember When by T. Torrest

Remember When is about a girl named Layla who just started her senior year. Everything is going well. She's got her best friend and her close knit friends that she loves to hang out with. And although her mother isn't around, she's got a father who cares for her. Layla thinks that her life couldn't get any better. And then Trip comes into the picture. Recently moved into the area, Trip is the mysterious guy that Layla can't help but fall for. And when Trip and Layla become very close friends, how will Layla be able to hide the fact that she's desperately in love with him?


I really enjoyed reading this book. I liked Layla as the main character. She's down to earth. She reminded me a lot of myself when I was in high school. Overall, I liked her personality, and I think that she added onto the greatness of the book. Trip, being the hunk of the book, really adds the swoon-worthy romance. He's gorgeous. He's sarcastic, funny, and realistic. Without Trip, this book wouldn't have been as great as it really was. 

The relationship that transpires between Layla and Trip is extraordinary and isn't seen too much these days. Instead of focusing on the attraction that they share with one another, they remain friends. They get to know everything about each other. In turn, that allows them to connect on a much deeper level as friends and as potential love interests for each other. 

Overall thoughts? 4/5 stars! I loved the characters, the friendships, and the romance. The ending, although really bittersweet, was really good when it comes to tying the contents of the book together. I look forward to reading the second book in the series!

If you'd like to read my full review on Goodreads, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment